Thursday, June 30, 2016

Grilled Fried Zucchini

There's something about zucchini. And, I'm lucky it is the one thing I can get to grow well in my garden. Some call it, summer squash... I hate squash, or most squashes at least (I don't mind spaghetti squash). Thus, I feel a taste bud betrayal calling zucchini... squash. 

Any form of cooked zucchini is good (raw's not too bad either), but I particularly love it grilled. It has this ability to absorb those smokey grilling flavors. But, I also love it fried... something about the texture.  So, I combined the two and thought I'd share my simple recipe for grilled fried zucchini. 

Start by slicing up 2 or 3 zucchinis, 4 to 6 garlic cloves, 1 bell pepper, and/or any other peppers you wish to add. Once sliced, throw it all in a cast iron pan with a can of drained artichokes. Drizzled in enough olive oil to coat all the contents. Then, season with salt and pepper. A generous dust of the top should suffice. 

After everything is in the pan, throw it on a high grill, stirring occasionally. You know its done once the zucchini has softened, but has not yet turned mushy. Bam. Easy and delicious.

Is there any other ways you like to grill zucchini?  Did you try this recipe? Let me know. Share some some of your favorite ways to grill it. I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment